The Forks Road Pottery location in Grimsby, Ontario has been sold. We wish Marsha the best for her retirement. Marsha and Daniel may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marsha Cox founded Forks Road Pottery in an old cheese factory in Winger, South Niagara 30 years ago.
First introduced to pottery in the 1960’s while working as a radiographer , with CUSO, in Uganda, East Africa, Marsha returned to Canada and pursued her new found passion at the Burlington Potters Guild while re-training and working as a nuclear medicine technician at the McMaster University Medical Centre in Hamilton.
Within a few years she had left the medical field to study ceramics at Sheridan College in Oakville.
From Sheridan, on the advise of master potter Robin Hopper, in 1973 Marsha moved to England to continue her pottery training.
During the next 4 years, she had graduated from the studio pottery program at West Surrey College of Art in Farnham,UK and studied with potters Ray Marshall at Stedham, West Surrey and at the studio of Bernard Leach at St. Ives, Cornwall. In addition she became a licentiate of the Ontario Potters Association of Great Britain AND managed to have a wonderful time!
In 1978 the original Forks Road Pottery came into existence.
In 1981 Daniel Brenner joined the studio,a truly renaissance man, trained as a stone mason and bricklayer and an amazing woodworker, Daniel accomplished major renovations of the old cheese factory studio as well as decorating , clay making and kiln firing over many years.>
Grimsby's Great Western Railway Station circa 1860
In 1992 Marsha and Daniel purchased the potter Tess Kiddicks Cottage in Jordan, as a retail outlet and in 1997 moved operations to Grimsby’s Great Western Railway Station in Grimsby which was built in 1855. As they say, the rest is history. In the past 30 years there has been a number of amazing people who have shared their talents their enthusiasm and their effort and support and have contributed to making Forks Road Pottery what it is today.