Here you will find pottery with a sense of tradition and inspired by world pottery traditions:
- Cassarole Dishes,
- Crock Pots,
- Dutch Berry Bowls,
- English Pudding Bowls and Salt Pigs,
- French Fruit bowls, Beating Bowls, Mixing Bowl Sets,
- Fluted and Plain Rimmed Pie Plates,
- Honey Pots,
- Mortar and Pestle,
- A variety of Mugs and Cups including double handled cups for children and people who may have difficulty in holding a normal cup,
- Personalized Wine Cups which are ideal as Wedding Favours,
- Tea Pots with porcelain or cane handles,
- German Rumtoff (rumpot).
At Forks Road Pottery we are delighted and grateful to have a devoted following of folks who love our pottery. Our pottery is skillfully made in the spirit of simplicity and function. These are the qualities you will find in our high fired, pure porcelain pottery.
Here are some of the reasons our customers come back for more.
- Strong enough to take lots of use and abuse.
- Lead free.
- Microwave, oven and dishwasher safe.
- Chip resistant.
- Easy to clean.
- Excellent heat and cold retention due to porcelain’s density.
- Ideal for oven cooking (heat absorbed into the dense mass of the pot, radiates back to cook with radiant heat, resulting in the flakiest of pie crusts and excellent moisture retention in roasting and baking).
- Non absorber (fully vitrified) so that vases will never ‘sweat’ through on the bottom, pickle crocks won’t contaminate from one use to the next, and compost pots won’t retain any odours.
- Our range of decoration integrates the pottery into a variety of households from historic/traditional to high tech/contemporary.
- Unique and hard to find pieces - samples of world ceramic traditions.
Please note that our pottery is intended for oven cooking and cannot be used on stovetops.